Thursday, October 30, 2008

God Speaks

Being all-powerful and all-knowing, God could have chosen to communicate with His people any way He wanted to. But He chose a few particular means.

According to Psalm 19, God speaks through His creation: The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork. Day to day pours out speech, and night to night reveals knowledge (v. 1-2). He also speaks through the written word: The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple (v. 7).

After reading and discussing this psalm today, I found myself more motivated to write than I have in a long time. Perhaps it's because in knowing that God chooses the beauty of creation and the power of the written word to communicate to His people, I find value in my own feeble attempts to speak of Him through creating and through words.

No comments: