Thursday, April 17, 2014

Four Months



I wrote last month about what a delightful baby you were.

And you are delightful still.  Your smile.  Your cheeks.  The way you snuggle into my shoulder when you're pretending to be shy.

But the past month has been a harder one.  You're so excited about your newly acquired rolling skills that you often wake yourself up to practice them in the middle of the night.  You are no longer quite so content to sit in a bouncy seat or lie on the floor; you are ready to go further than your tiny muscles will allow.  And even though I'm no longer eating much of anything, your GI issues have continued and even regressed.

I am tired.  I miss chocolate.  My arms and back ache from carrying you.

But, sweet Celia, the simple truth remains:  I'm so glad you're here.

No comments: