Friday, July 07, 2006

Joining the Dark Side

After years of making fun of people who had time to write or read blogs, I'm finally joining the dark side. My excuse is that I'll be traveling in the UK for the next 5 weeks and that this will provide a space for me to share travel updates and pictures without flooding everyone with mass e-mails. We'll see if I end up using it for other purposes after that!

So if you're interested in hearing about my trip and what I'm thinking and learning, check in periodically. I will try to post pretty regularly. But for now, it's back to the packing and laundry!

4 comments:

Maverick's Mom said...

I get to be the first to comment on your blog!

5 weeks in the UK mixing business and pleasure sounds like FUN to me! If you feel the desire to send me a postcard, act on it! 823 B Burch Ave., Durham, NC 27701. :-)

My traveling two cents: Be sure to put your toothpaste and brush in your carry on bag -- it helps on those long trans Atlantic flights. HAVE BEACOUP DE FUN!

arj said...

Wow, abs, I didn't even know you were going to the UK this Summer. Awesome! I think it'll be great fun. Carpe Diem and all that. Suck the marrow out of the experience. Love ya'.

ms said...

Making fun of people who wan to blog??? Blogs are a useful tool for getting kids to write, if done properly. It makes them feel their writing authority and authenticity.

Have a blast, Abby!!!

steph-a-ninnie said...

Welcome to the dark side! *smirk*