Monday, June 23, 2008

Beginning to Build a Home

Since my last post, CJ and I put an offer on another townhouse, this time in Burke, VA. And we got it!!! The whole story is pretty amazing, as it turns out I actually know the current owners through the Fellowship of Christian Athletes here in Fairfax. God really blessed us with a good deal - 3 bedrooms, 2.5 remodeled baths, a new kitchen and a finished basement. We close July 1 and can't wait to move in and get settled...I'll try to post pictures of the house soon.

Until then, you'll have to settle for a few shots from my recent bridal shower in Lancaster. My maid of honor, Mary Grace, along with some help from my mom and some other friends, put together the most beautiful shower I've ever been to. It was a great time to see friends and family and to be blessed with lots of gifts that will, Lord-willing, grace our home and bless our guests for years to come.


The delicious and beautiful spread


The girls: Ashley (sister-in-law), Kim (college friend), me, Anne (bridesmaid/college friend), Laura (college friend), Mary Grace (matron of honor/college friend), Kellie (college friend), Brynne (former roommate/college friend), and Liz (bridesmaid/friend from DC)


My friend Sarah and I...best friends growing up :)


My crazy flower girl Morgan and ring bearer Caleb...chowing down on post-shower leftovers

No comments: